Demand Distribution is the application of a distribution curve to the measurement of Demand. Parrot has found that Demand based performance adheres to a standard or asymmetrical distribution and as such Show(s) or Portfolio(s) can be plotted on such a curve and you can see not only how well it does against the average Show (Benchmark) but also how many Shows perform to a similar level.
Parrot has established five buckets of performance based on the Demand Distribution curve to assist in the quick identification of compared content.
- Content that is below 0.01x the average (24.4% of content) is considered Below Average
- Content that is between 0.01x and 2x the average (64.1% of content) is considered Average
- Content that is between 2x and 8x the average (8.6% of content) is considered Good
- Content that is between 8x and 32x the average (2.7% of content) is considered Outstanding
- Content that is over 32x the average (0.2% of content) is considered Exceptional